HDPS offers a list of flexible, responsive and cost-effective association management services
Hayes Dent Public Strategies opened an association management component in January 2014 following a traditional business model. It offered an executive director with proprietary control of the strategic operations such as membership, marketing, and governmental advocacy. The model proved to be unwieldy. By its nature, it undervalued the contributions of the board of directors, and it limited the opportunities for member participation in the business and growth of the association. We came to see that outcomes were less than beneficial for our clients.
In the spring of 2016, we began a new approach to the process and created a list of flexible, responsive — almost à la carte — cost-effective services to help associations in reaching their management goals. For us, it is important to meet the needs of our association clients rather than ask them to fit into our business model.
We understand an association’s needs, and we are clear about our role
At Hayes Dent Public Strategies, we intrinsically understand the many facets of an association’s operations, and we work diligently to understand its unique challenges.
While we perform a spectrum of duties and tasks that are needed in the daily management of the association, we leave the goal-setting, decision-making, and the course direction to its board of directors and members.
We work for the association. We are not the association. This is a distinction we have come to value most in our efforts to redesign and reassess the association management component of our business.
We will meet and listen
Let us schedule a meeting with your board of directors and decision-makers. Come prepared to discuss the association’s present status, what has been accomplished, what has failed, the immediate needs, and the goals to be achieved.
We will listen.
From that meeting we will research best practices, look at what other states and associations are doing, determine the scope of what we can provide, and then, we will deliver a plan, a budget, and a realistic time frame within which we will complete the work you choose for us to do.
List of Services
- Administrative support
- Organization development
- Bylaws development
- Board training
- Strategic planning
- Membership development
- Marketing and communications
- Media relations
- Press releases
- Collateral materials — fliers, brochures, newsletters and specialty items
- Website development and content building
- Social media management and training
- Event and meeting logistics
- Conventions and conferences
- Continuing education seminars and workshops
- Direct lobbying of public officials
- Consulting with strategic legislative and issue planning
- Coalition building
- Monitor legislation and voting records
- Coalition planning and organization
- Development and issue management
- Legislative drafting and amending
- Committee planning and organization
- Political grassroots development and advocacy